Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 8th, 2010

Hey! So lately I've been trying to remember who I am. Or what I used to be prior to 5 months back. To explain this whole thing, I'll tell you a story. When I was younger, whenever it rained, I would go outside and "dance" in the rain. I'd run outside barefoot, and splash in the puddles and just..have a good time :) Today, I went outside (to walk my dog), I put on a pair of shoes, and I brought an umbrella with me. While walking along the street, I stepped in a puddle, and got mildly upset, because I was afraid that my clothes and my shoes would be wet and dirty. Thinking back to when I was little, I started laughing. I realized I'd turned into a picky "city girl"..to worried I'd mess up makeup(examples), or mess up my nail polish, or mess up my clothes, or get my hair wet. I began to wonder what happened to the little country girl in pig tails, and overalls. I thought "enough of this" and I pulled off my shoes, threw the umbrella, and I ran and jumped in a puddle (I was laughing like an idiot the whole time :]) Sure, the people across the street watching me must have thought I was insane, but that's just who I am. I'm Lilly - Just because I'm older, doesn't mean I can't continue to have a good time, and continue to be a Lilly.

Sure I've gone through a lot of life-changing events, sure I'm older. Now I'm not saying it's ok to act immature, I'm just saying: Don't ever forget who you are. Even when you're older, you should always keep a part of that little girl or boy inside your heart. And, every now or then, make sure to let them out ;)


Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
(Psalm 51:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

b, i, a